How to Get the Best Out of Your Lawyer
Separation and divorce can be particularly traumatic, and our role as Family Lawyers is to help you through this difficult time with as little stress as possible. Here are our top 5 ways that you can help us to help you:
- Tell your lawyer everything! Sometimes the things which you may consider irrelevant are very important and vice versa. We would much prefer to know several irrelevant issues than miss one very relevant issue!
- Don’t be embarrassed! We are here to help you without judgment. Even if something has happened that doesn’t present you in the best possible light, let us know so that we can advise you how to best deal with it.
- Make an appointment. You are very important to us, however we do manage various client files and may not always be available if you simply turn up. Call ahead first. If your lawyer is not available to take your phone call, perhaps ask their assistant to schedule a mutually suitable time for a telephone conference.
- Prior to your appointment, make a list of questions that you have. That way you can ensure that you leave your appointment with a clear understanding of everything you wanted to know.
- Be prepared. Gather any documents that we ask you to gather in a timely manner. This will help to keep your legal fees down and keep your matter progressing.
Remember, your lawyer is a person too. If you have any questions or do not understand something, just pick up the phone. We prefer to know that our clients are happy, rather than have them worry unnecessarily about things.