Child Visitation Lawyers

Arrangements For Children

Caring for Children in the Separation

For many people the impact on and arrangements for the care of their children form a far bigger stress than reaching a financial agreement. Finding a Perth family lawyer that can help ease the stress of this is an imperative. The law supports that the best interests of children are met by having a meaningful involvement in their lives by both parents, if it is practicable, and shared care can be a real option in many cases.

When children are involved, in most cases the Court must see that you have tried mediation in order to determine parenting arrangements. There are a number of mediators in Perth, although as an experienced family law firm in Perth, Leach Legal only recommends a select handful of them to their clients and we will make recommendations appropriate to your situation if you come to us for One-Off Legal Advice or seek full Legal Representation.

What to Consider with Mediation

Mediation will help you develop a Parenting Plan that can also be formalized in a Consent Order (Form 11) and submitted to the Court.  Consent Orders can cover both property and children’s arrangements.

We promise to call you back within 2 hours